Monday, October 25, 2010

South End Glam, Kristine Mullaney Design





In my last blog entry, I mentioned I was going to try and blog once a week. Which is laughable, given all of my interior design projects (*I'm not complaining! )

This is another project I finished last December, for the very fashionable couple in the south end. They are just a fabulous, if not more, as their bedroom. Trust me.

Can you believe this condo use to be an old warehouse...?

The bedroom project was to make this space a reflection of this couples style. Slick and handsome, metropolitan, a hint of glamour and sophisticated. Also I needed to solve the issue of always needing more closet space to house more clothing & accessories -- and to hide the plasma.

The new custom closet does all of that....

Soooo I added a custom closet space, a gorgeous feature wall, designed some bedding (more details below) we closed off a wall, built the closets to the ceiling, added some sconces and recessed lighting and voila!

I finished just in time to attended there Holiday party, at there place.
Which was an absolute blast!





The closets floor to ceiling utilized the 11foot ceiling height and the far left side houses all of Michael Shoes, a very serious collection ( think, the male version of Carrie Bradshaw's collection)

The drapery was bought online & so was the rug, by the homeowners.

The Lorenzo damask wallpaper and the custom pillows -- are just the icing on the cake, don't you agree? The sconces are from cira lighting, the pewter rims adds a nice touch.

I am in love with the Damask paper. It's just perfect.

Custom pillows are a combination of Holly Hunt, Schumacher and Stark Fabrics.

The chandelier was found online and then I designed this custom shade from a pewter scrim like fabric, from Larsen, and had it made by custom shade designer.



4 comments:

  1. I would die to have closet space like that in my apartment- what a stunning bedroom!!

    PS- I got an email awhile ago through the BAC that you were hiring an intern- did you ever hire one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous room! I love the wallpaper. And that closet is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey! Yes, I hired an intern and she is fantastic. Since she is getting up to speed, I have a little time to blog. I actually forgot how to do it at first! LOL. Good to hear from you. I love seeing all your wedding prep posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! I like your post.. These all things and your wall paper idea are awesome...

    click here: https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete